Speaking and training topics by Linnaea Mallette to inform and inspire.
- Hearing Loss – for those who have it and those who don’t
- Becoming Unforgettable
Tips to Get Out of the Pits
An inspiring and motivational presentation useful for any audience based on Linnaea’s book. Utilizing timeless success principles, attendees will receive tips, insights and strategies for dealing with adversity and creating successes every day. Topics covered include:
- Discovering your unique talents and abilities
- The gift of giving others (and yourself) the benefit of the doubt
- The benefit of making and embracing mistakes
- Tips for clearing the mind for more focused ability
- The power of five minutes to move mountains
Linnaea Mallette was my keynote speaker at my March 2012 RockStar Marketing BootCamp. While I was already aware of Linnaea’s wonderful sense of humor and ability to speak spontaneously, I was not prepared for what I saw on my stage. Linnaea is a masterful communicator. She had such command, not only of the content of her talk (dealing with adversity), but she had total command of the audience. She had them laughing, crying and spellbound the entire 40 minutes. As a professional speaker, seminar organizer and former speaker on the Toastmasters International stage, I’ve seen many, many, many speakers, and I can say with all sincerely, Linnaea is a true RockStar in the speaking industry. Any event that has Linnaea as a speaker is going to benefit from her presence. – Craig Duswalt
How to be Unforgettable
A fun, interactive presentation whereby Linnaea shares the three ingredients for becoming unforgettable . Whether as a employer, employee, parent, coach, lover, spouse or speaker, knowing how to become unforgettable may very well:
- Improve your reputation
- Improve your status at work – perhaps receive a promotion!
- Improve your relationships
- Improve your presentations
- Become popular and well-liked
- Have great fun
- Live a meaningful life
Presentations about Hearing Loss
Hearing impaired since birth, Linnaea speaks about hearing loss to a variety of groups and organizations. She received a standing ovation for her TEDx talk on the topic.
The presentations are useful for:
- Disability awareness events
- Hearing audiences to understand how to interact with someone who has imperfect hearing
- Senior groups, so they can understand how to adjust and manage their later-in-life hearing loss
- Entrepreneurs, non-profits, and businesses who wish to create satisfied and loyal customers (and employees!) who have imperfect hearing
- Caretakers, so they can better understand and serve the needs of clients and their families
- School presentations to young audiences to help them cherish and protect the hearing they now have
- Parents who wish to protect the hearing of their children
- General audiences curious about the many aspects of hearing loss
- Hearing Loss Association gatherings
Contact Linnaea to tailor her speaking topics to meet the needs of YOUR audience. Here are her general speech topics:
Hearing Loss CPR – Keep the Connection Alive
This is a lighthearted, honest look at the pros and cons of having diminished hearing, and how to communicate as, or with, a person that does not have perfect hearing. This is not about individuals born deaf and must rely on sign language to communicate. This focuses on the 16 million Americans who live in the mainstream of life with diminished hearing.
Participants will learn:
- The three biggest myths that severely impact, if not prevent, successful communication with a person with imperfect hearing
- The dynamics of hearing we all utilize, but that the hearing impaired especially rely upon
- The “CPR” for preventing a conversation from dying when communication with a person with a hearing loss
Do You Have a Hearing Loss?
An insightful talk about the signs of hearing loss and what to do about it
Participants will learn:
- Signs of hearing loss
- Two types of hearing loss and the associated characteristics
- Getting one’s hearing tested
- What hearing loss sounds like
- Hearing aids – types and adjusting to them
- Cochlear Implants – how they are not like hearing aids
This is an insightful talk about how the ears work and how noise damages them. How loud and for how long does noise hurt our hearing?
Participants will learn:
- The decibel level of our everyday life
- What decibel levels can cause hearing loss
- Phone apps to measure decibel levels
- What hearing loss SOUNDS like quite sobering)
- How to protect our ears and the ears of infants/children
Despairs and Delights of Not Hearing Alright
A humorous yet educational talk about the disadvantages and advantages of being hard of hearing. Participants will learn:
- The advantages of hearing loss and how to maximize on them
- The disadvantages of hearing loss and how to work with them
- Awkward and disastrous moments – providing insight to the social challenges and dangers of living with a hearing loss.
You were a big hit at the San Fernando Valley Chapter meeting last Wednesday. Many people thought you gave the best presentation of the year. And the sales of your book, Read My Lips Tips for Success showed hat you bonded with the audience. Thank you for presenting such a well-received program. – Sincerely, the SFV Hearing Loss Assn.
Contact Linnaea to tailor her speaking topics to meet the needs of YOUR audience.