Toastmaster Speaker Linnaea Mallette has presentations that are fun, interactive and packed with practical, useful information – ideal for Toastmaster conferences, events, and club open houses.
Toastmasters did more than change my life. It gave me a life. – L. Mallette
Probably the most significant step Linnaea took was to join the worldwide non-profit organization dedicated to effective speaking and leading Toastmasters International. She joined in 1987. Conquering the fear of public speaking not only gave her confidence increased her self-esteem; it made it possible for Linnaea to share her experience with others. It also gave Linnaea the wonderful Toastmastering experience that she delights in sharing with fellow Toastmasters.
The Hamburger Evaluation
Who says fast food isn’t good for you? The ingredients for the Hamburger Evaluation can be gathered, assembled and served in minutes, providing the speaker with the nutrients s/he needs to grow into a strong, powerful speaker. This fun, interactive workshop will teach you how to be a master Chef evaluator in record time.
Politicians and Toastmasters – The Art of Persuasion
What does Toastmasters have to do with leaders of nations? Speaking and Leadership skills! Specifically – PERSUASION!
In this insightful and candid talk, Linnaea will share how four political figures would have benefitted or successful because of practicing what Toastmasters teaches. Simple things that can elevate any speaker and leaders’ stage presence and persuasiveness.
The TEDx Speaker Experience
Linnaea received a standing ovation when she spoke on the TEDx stage in Camarillo, California in 2017. In this talk Linnaea will share:
- How all TEDx events are not alike
- How a TEDx talk is different from a Toastmaster talk
- Insights how to become a TEDx speaker.
The Art of The Roast and Boast
In Toastmasters many clubs and districts and even International honor the tradition of roasting and boasting an outgoing officer. Without the knowledge of exactly how to prepare and deliver a roast, the event may lack the good taste and great fun the tradition is intended to embrace. In this fun, interactive training session, participants will learn:
- Why do Roasts?
- Why people shy away from Roasts
- Who shouldn’t roast, or be roasted
- Preparing for Roast
- Roast Cautions
- Creative approaches to Roasts
The Toastmasters District 52 Traveling Speakers Club Coaching Team
Invite Linnaea to speak at a club open house under the District 52 Traveling Speakers Club Coaching Team. The program was created to help clubs with membership in the following ways:
- By providing very skilled and confident presenters speaking on important and useful communication and management topics to provide ‘meat’ for club Open Houses.
- By providing ‘challenged’ clubs (clubs with membership and attendance difficulties, but not eligible for a club coach) with a speaker on a topic designed to help the club with membership and/or attendance and participation.
- By providing ‘advanced’ and successful clubs with a communication or leadership speech of extra value.
The club submits a Speaker Request Form
requesting a Traveling Speaker should be returned filled out, scanned, and emailed to:
Requests must be at least a month (or two meetings) in advance, leaving time for clubs to generate at least 5 confirmed guests; and/or for Traveling Speakers to prepare, customize and rehearse their presentations. Exceptions can be made if clubs already have 5 guests confirmed, AND if the topic is one that does not require extra preparation time.